School Dean - 2 Positions
- Upper School Dean
- Lower School Dean
The upper and lower school deans are an integral part of the Grizzlies Prep leadership team. He/she is responsible for running the day to day for his/her respective grades as well as closely collaborating with the Assistant Head of School and Head of School.
Reports To: Head of School
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute the cultural vision of the school.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive incentives plan aligned to school-wide behavioral goals.
- Communicates to key stakeholders any behaviors that need grade-wide or school-wide focus/intervention.
- Lead and develop all-staff and grade-team specific professional development.
- Calculates the percentage of each grade receiving a detention, in-school suspension, and out-of-school suspension.
- Respond to admin calls and discipline referral offenses. Documents any interventions put in place.
- When applicable, issues in-school suspension, out-of-school suspension, and expulsions and correctly documents in SCS systems.
- Serve as an active member on GP Leadership Team and completes other administrative functions as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of two (2) years teaching experience are required. Prior teacher-leader (e.g., grade-level or department leads) experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Knowledge and abilities exhibiting strong leadership qualities.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse groups.
To apply for this position, submit the following to both pcouch [at] grizzliesprep [dot] org and bcrowe [at] grizzliesprep [dot] org:
- Cover Letter - tailored to the specific position
- Position you are applying for