Long-Term Substitute Teacher
The Long-Term Substitute Teacher provides quality instruction and communication to scholars and parents in a positive and organized manner while meeting performance metrics in accordance with the Grizzlies Prep’s Way.
Reports To: Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plans, prepares and delivers instructional activities.
- Creates positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meets course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participates in ongoing training sessions.
- Creates lesson plans and modifies accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintains grade books.
- Grades papers and performs other administrative duties as needed.
- Creates projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Reads and stays abreast of current topics in education.
- Creates lesson plans.
- Utilizes various curriculum resources.
- Integrates competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilized curricula that reflect the diverse educational cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the student.
- Develops incentives to keep participants in class.
- Utilizes the library resources.
- Prepares and distributes required reports.
- Observes and evaluates student’s performance
- Manages student behaviors in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and endorsement in the grade/subject taught with a valid Tennessee certificate governed by the Rules and Regulations of the Tennessee Code Annotated and the collective bargaining agreement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to be patient.
- Ability to adapt.
- Ability to create new and interesting ways for students to learn.
- Ability to participate in teamwork with other staff members.
- Ability to find new learning methods.
- Ability to find new ways to expand knowledge via workshops and seminars.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to serve as a good role model.
- Ability to practice good leadership.
- Knowledge and understanding supporting GP mission and values.
To apply for the long-term substitute teacher position, submit the following to careers [at] grizzliesprep [dot] org:
- Cover Letter - Answering the question “Why do you want to teach at Grizzlies Prep?”
- Completed applicant and reference form - click to download