Department Chair - 2 Positions
- Department Chair - STEM
- Department Chair - Humanities
Department chairs are an integral part of the Grizzlies Prep leadership team. He/she is responsible for devising and executing school wide academic strategies and practices. Department chair work closely with the Head of School as well as the teachers on their coaching case load.
Reports To: Head of School
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute the academic vision of the school.
- Lead the school’s curricular and instructional decision-making.
- Develop and execute all department professional development.
- Hold department data meetings.
- Observe and coach teachers on a weekly basis.
- Ensures that teachers' daily materials and weekly syllabi are aligned to unit plans, scope of sequences, and yearly assessments.
- Develops a report that shows which students are not on track to meet grade-wide academic expectations.
- Demonstrates reflective practices in regards to where the school is in the school-wide data cycle.
- Serve as an active member on GP Leadership Team and completes other administrative functions as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of two (2) years teaching experience are required. Prior teacher-leader (e.g., grade-level or department leads) experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Knowledge and abilities exhibiting strong leadership qualities.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse groups.
To apply for this position, submit the following to both pcouch [at] grizzliesprep [dot] org and bcrowe [at] grizzliesprep [dot] org:
- Cover Letter - tailored to the specific position
- Position you are applying for