Bus Monitor (Part-Time)
Grizzlies Prep is a grade 5-8 middle school dedicated to preparing young men for success in high school, college, and life. TheBus Monitor reports directly to the Director of Culture.
Reports To: Director of Culture
- Assists the bus driver with the safety, movement, management, and care of the children boarding the school bus, leaving the bus or being transported.
- Seats self in an area on the bus to ensure observation of all passengers at all times and make sure they are following school bus safety rules.
- Assists the school bus driver in reporting infractions of school bus safety.
- Is aware of problems between students and keeping those students separated by assigning seats.
- When working on a school bus equipped with a wheelchair lift, operates the lift for loading and unloading of wheelchairs and also ensures that the wheelchair is properly secured on the school bus.
- Attends school bus safety meetings and training.
- Assists bus driver with pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Maintains a high standard of student conduct at all times.
- Assists driver in keeping the bus clean and inspect for damages and repairs on a daily basis.
- Ensures that a child takes his/her belongings with him/her when departing the bus.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Must be at least eighteen (18) years old with reliable transportation. Must pass background check.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with middle school male students.
- Knowledge and understanding of supporting GP’s mission and values.
To apply for the Bus Monitor Position, submit the following to careers [at] grizzliesprep [dot] org:
- 2 job references