Assistant Head of School
The Head of School’s position is responsible for directing and shaping the curricula and teaching processes for Grizzlies Prep. The Head of School also works with educational committees and advisory groups within the community to design the most appropriate curricula to meet the needs of students within their community.
Reports To: Head of School
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To oversee all the programs of the school; monitor curriculum, grading, testing, and reporting to parents; to prepare for and conduct periodic program evaluations; to submit reports to external agencies as required; to establish disciplinary policies and standards of conduct.
- To oversee programs for the recruitment of students, including marketing outreach, information dissemination, applicant testing and interviews and acceptance decision.
- To oversee the school to all of its constituents including neighborhood, parents, students, business community, faculty and staff.
- To support all matters regarding employment, retention, and dismissal of personnel; salaries and contracts; job assignments and performance evaluation; and orientation and training. To prepare employee handbooks, and maintain appropriate personnel records.
- To support the school in its relations with state and federal agencies and with local, state, regional, and national educational organizations and accrediting agencies.
- To supervise and/or assist with all other aspects of the school’s operational procedures, including (but not limited to) posts, coverages, grade entry into school systems, and other essential student and staff-facing systems and functions.
- Serve as an active member on GP Leadership Team and completes other administrative functions as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree, four (4) years teaching experience, and prior role as a teacher-leader (e.g., grade-level or department leads) are required. Previous managerial experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Knowledge and abilities exhibiting strong leadership qualities.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse groups.
To apply for this position, submit the following to both pcouch [at] grizzliesprep [dot] org and bcrowe [at] grizzliesprep [dot] org:
- Cover Letter - tailored to the specific position
- Position you are applying for